Friday, January 24, 2014

Thursday


Each morning begins the same way, watching the surf, listening to bird calls and enjoying breakfast outdoors on the lanai as Pilgrim gently nuzzles his stuffed chicken toy 
Then we parade to the steep cliffs to watch whales , which are absent today after the Big Swell. Lately is the Albatross Show!

Dan has a date with our neighbor Joe at 12:30, to play The Prince Course Scramble.
He drops me off at Hanalei Yoga so I can have an outing too:) we park the car and Pilgrim and I go upsairs to the studio. $40. Buys three classes, a mat is included.
Being thoughtful, i ask if there will be room for my guide dog. The young lady at the desk defers to an older woman who may have just taught the previous class.
"No" is the answer, "you can tie your dog up outside."
I laugh incredulously!
I summon Dan who is just outside the door to take Pilgrim home please. The woman is nice enough, she lays a mat down for me and brings props.
There is plenty of room today I notice.
The English teacher comes to inquire about my needs and sight and adds the dog wiuld have been fine in her class:)
Class was very good, Ashtanga and inversions on the wall ropes! I later determine the teacher's name is Francesca Reynolds.
Dan and Mr P fetch us and we pick up a sack lunch at the Dolphin Fish Market. Home for a very quick lunch and Dan is off to Golf! I was totally thrilled for him!
At first I felt spacious; like I could walk to Princevilke for a sorbet, or stay homeand  read or paint or anything!
In reality my first move was to have a beer with POG. I was quite unsure and spent from yoga. We went to the pool but Pilgrim couldn't get comfortable. So we returned home to read Flight Behavior. 
It was a long afternoon. We wenf outdoors to play before dinner and finally Dan csme through the door, "Honey, i'm Home!"
Sweet music to my ears;) we may return and ride the golf cart getting s visual of the magnificence of this course!



Dinner was chili again and i forgot the cilantro. It may have made a difference in regards to the burning we felt in our bellies as we slept. I did add a purple okinawa sweet potato to stretch our simple supper. 
The sun set on another day in Paradise
Rather early, but not before watching the Trailblazers win!

No comments:

Post a Comment