Saturday, January 25, 2014

Friday

The roosters cock a doodle doo, the doves coo like alarm clocks waiting to be hushed by a snooze button.
I jump up splash water on my face, sit on the lanai and Pilgrim joins me in greeting the new day.
After my cold breakfast and Dan's hot breakfast, we go to bluff. Three people are practicing yoga today, and I long to join them.
We pack and head East. Aliomanu Beach is our destination, Pilgrim needs the shade of a coastal tree.
I couldn't get comfortable. My lip is burnt and i crawled into the shade with Pilgrim. I picked up some stray glass shards as I walked Pilgrim on the beach.
Off to Kiauea for an ahi wrap. These juicy succulent half pounders include sprouts greens and slaw. We eat them at home:)
I am too stuffed, my phone is on low battery so I take a nap. I ask Dan to promise to never let me eat a whole one again!
I am refreshed for the McMaster Slack Key Concert at the Hanalei Pavilion. It is deeply spiritual and divinely soothing. Doug McNaster lived meeting Pilgrim as did the other 20 atendees. It seems Mr P transformed the entire experience.
The musicians lingered until dusk at 6:30. And they invited us to please return! 
We had no dinner plan beyond greens and quinoa, so Dan picked up a Roast Chicken and Haupia Ice Cream at Foidland, while i waited in the car.
Dinner was sweet on the lanai and we note Earle and Mary have arrived:)
We watched the end of a baseball movie, "It Happens Every Spring!" 
And it was 'sayonara'


No comments:

Post a Comment